Useful Tips and Suggestions
You will get 3 to 10 days of use from ice with your IceKool Ice Box if you follow some of these tips:
- When not in use, store your IceKool Ice Box with the lid part open and the bung loose, this will allow the icebox to ‘breathe’.
- The day before loading, put ice into the IceKool Ice Box to cool down the walls.
- Put frozen and/or cold products into the IceKool Ice Box as this will increase the life of the ice.
- Organise the product in your IceKool Ice Box to ensure that you do not have to keep the lid open longer than necessary.
- Top up with ice and leave for an hour or so. Shake the icebox to allow ice to compact with the product and drain any water through the bung. Re-top up the ice box to reduce the amount of air space in the icebox.
- Always refasten the lid on the IceKool Ice Box to ensure that the seal is maintained. Open the IceKool Ice Box the least amount of times as possible.
- Always keep your IceKool Ice Box in the shade, coolest spot. Covering the icebox will definitely help.
- Ice quality is extremely important. Well bred ice which has been kept at low temperature in a freezer, should be used.
- Block ice lasts longer than broken/crushed ice.
- You can create you own block ice by freezing boiled drinking water in plastic bottles which becomes a valuable source of ice cold fresh water.
- Always ensure the bung is correctly screwed back on.
- The recommended ratio of ice to product in an IceKool Ice Box is approximately 1/3 ice to 2/3 product by volume.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- Always wash you IceKool Ice Box with warm soapy water.
- Do not use solvents or other chemicals.
- Dry the walls after washing.